Have you decided to start your own online wholesale business? The first step is to identify the B2B e-commerce platforms for wholesalers that will enable you to set up your own store. In fact, many B2B e-commerce platforms are just a click away on the Internet. However, this can be difficult if you don't have a particular concept and standard for the platform you're looking for.
It's easy to get stuck in the Internet's sea of information. This doesn't just happen to you. In fact, many B2B wholesalers face similar dilemmas before setting up their very first e-commerce business. In the rest of this guide, we'll introduce you to the best B2B e-commerce platforms for wholesaling that will help you get your business off the ground very quickly. Read on.
Top 5 best e-commerce platforms for wholesale :
- Magento Commerce
What is a wholesale e-commerce platform?
E-commerce platforms for wholesalers or wholesale platformsometimes called business-to-business marketplaces, are B2B platforms that enable retailers to connect with reputable wholesalers and manufacturers. They enable businesses to source goods and products from trusted sellers.
In this B2B business model, one party (buyer) will pay and the other party (seller) will supply goods or services. The seller will always send goods in bulk at a reduced price (much lower than the retail price) to his B2B customers. Where cooperation runs smoothly, it will often continue periodically over the long term with long-term contracts.
How to choose the best e-commerce platform for wholesalers?
To launch your wholesale business, there are a few criteria to consider when choosing the best B2B e-commerce platform. Here are just a few:
The ultimate goal of any business is profit. So your website builder shouldn't charge more for the service than the potential profit it can bring you in the future. Therefore, to find a good wholesale e-commerce platform, you shouldn't simply compare the costs of your service plan. You need to think about its profitability. Even if you have to spend a large sum now, as long as you can earn three times the same profit in the future, it's still okay.
Best e-commerce platform for b2b: features and functionality
The next thing to bear in mind is, of course, the platform's functionality. In fact, this is the most obvious proof of your website publishing software's capabilities. Your final choice should at least provide functions such as wholesaling, inventory management, marketing and data storage within its system.
Try to find software that offers as many features as possible at a reasonable price. However, don't forget to read the features carefully, as it would be pointless to pay for something you never use!
Ease of use
Your e-commerce store needs to have an easy-to-navigate user interface. What's more, your software's backend also needs to be as user-friendly as possible, since you'll be constantly working on it. So look for a B2B e-commerce platform comparison that can provide you with a simple user interface and a flexible administration panel.
Only choose the b2b wholesale platform if it can meet both of these requirements. Please note that the backend of your e-commerce site should be easy to use, but the platform for creating your site is not necessarily easy to use. The more technical knowledge your platform requires to use, the more flexible it is.
This is one of the most important features for B2B merchants, as their warehouses are often huge. Your best e-commerce platform for b2b must be able to support your inventory management process. For example, the number of goods should decrease as your customer makes a purchase.
This number should also increase automatically in case of order failure. Therefore, if your companion cannot meet this minimum requirement, even if it is a good fit for your business, switch platforms as soon as possible.
E-commerce platforms for wholesalers: multi-channel sales
Investing in a platform capable of supporting omni-channel and delivering a consistent user experience would be a great idea. Today, your customers don't just buy via their computers, they also buy via their phones, tablets or even smart TVs.
Therefore, it would be helpful if you could offer your customers an optimal and consistent experience across all these channels. Let's take a look at the best platforms for e-commerce wholesalers that can help you set up a store.
The best e-commerce platforms for wholesale
Browse the online sales platforms below and make the right choice for your needs and budget.
Shopify has become the world's leading e-commerce wholesale platform for its simplicity and efficiency. It has opened up many opportunities for online businesses to sell their products more easily online. In addition to its simple design and configuration, Shopify beats other competitors for its rich selling features.
Online store owners can market their products effectively with various marketing campaigns, including:
- Email marketing with Shopify email,
- Google Smart Shopping,
- Facebook Ads.
Shopify also offers a fast and flexible management solution for busy B2B businesses by allowing them to update and monitor all important data via a single dashboard. When it comes to customer support, Shopify's support service is exceptional in the ecommerce industry.
You can contact them 24/7 to resolve issues or get expert advice. Shopify also offers a wide range of innovative apps and responsive themes. Take a stroll through Shopify stores, you can get all the features you need for your wholesale e-commerce website.
Great features of Shopify
- Launch multiple websites from the same backend
- Customize advanced pricing
- Integrate thousands of applications
- Selling to everyone, everywhere and on multiple channels
- Manage everything from a single dashboard
- Develop your audience with content marketing and SEO tools
- Integrate blogs to attract customers
- Generate relevant reports to track campaign performance
- Full HTML and CSS editing
- Offer flexible shipping rates and free delivery
- Integrate over 100 payment gateways
- Create accounts at checkout
- Execute one or more commands with a single click
- Customize automated store emails with the design of your choice
- Integrating social media
- Building a multilingual website.
Benefits of Shopify
- Easy to use
- Affordable price
- Huge collections of applications and beautiful showcase themes
- Flexible online and offline sales
- Assign attribute sales to specific personnel
- Import/export data in CSV file
- Use third party applications
- Create up to 100 different product variants
- Automated product collections to handle wide product ranges
- Several shipping rates
Disadvantages of Shopify
- Limited functionality for high growth
- Most applications are not free
- Must install applications for extended functionality
- AMP only available if you install a paid application
- Shopify Basic: $29/month
- Shopify: $79/month
- Advanced: $299/month
- Shopify Plus : contact us for a quote
E-commerce platforms for wholesalers : BigCommerce
BigCommerce is another incredible tool for wholesale e-commerce in the B2B landscape. It is recognized as the world's leading cloud-based ecommerce platform. BigCommerce offers various features and options designed to create a robust and fast ecommerce website.
Your user experience is extremely important, which is why BigCommerce allows you to deliver API-driven, highly tactile experiences via :
- Customized device or front end.
With powerful ecommerce tool plugins and engines, you can create an elegant web store for customers. This, while ensuring a seamless retail experience for yourself. It's easy to create differentiated mobile-friendly offers, from the homepage to the checkout page.
PCI compliance is already defined. This means you can be sure that your online store data and your customers' critical information is protected against malicious attacks.
Outstanding features of BigCommerce
- Easy modification of site pages with no coding required
- Mobile optimization
- Site building with WordPress integration
- Support for specific B2B payment services
- Building an attractive, information-rich and responsive showcase
- Mobile optimization
- Sales possible on all channels
- Customer group segmentation possible
- SEO-friendly URLs and ready-to-use metadata
- Discount coupons & gift certificates
- Automated e-mails prevent abandoned shopping baskets
Benefits of BigCommerce
- Easy and flexible to add unlimited product variants
- Scalable for different types of businesses
- No transaction fees
- Good for referencing
- Lightning speed and safety
- Simple and responsive design
- Responsive customer support
- Lots of information available on the Internet
Disadvantages of BigCommerce
- Automatically update the plan if sales exceed the limit
- Not powerful enough for content editing
- Difficult pricing
- Requires high costs when moving to a self-hosted configuration
- Standard: $25.95/month
- Plus: $79.95/month
- Professional: $299.95/month
Company: contact the sales department or call for a personalized price quote
Magento is one of the leading open source e-commerce platforms for wholesalers. It offers incredible functionality and scalability for any type of business. Magento Commerce is a premium version of Magento Open-source that accelerates your business in today's e-commerce landscape with Magento 2's built-in intuitive features.
With the ease of use of Magento, you can create an eCommerce site with an advantageous design. This also includes editable content layouts with no code required. Compared to the free version of Magento Open Source, Magento Commerce offers you more features including:
- Advanced marketing features,
- Customer Reward Programs
- Targeted promotions.
Large wholesale companies with multiple products, brands, stores and warehouses can maximize their capabilities with Magento Order Management. They can also create seamless cross-channel experiences.
Outstanding features of Magento Commerce
- Create web pages with online editing and powerful content tools
- Quickly add products to content pages
- Customized category pages for easier product discovery
- Increase engagement
- Increase conversion rate on mobile and desktop
- Product recommendations for more relevant experiences
- Seamless integration with Amazon to increase revenue
- Inventory management
- Management of advertisements
- Management of the execution
Advantages of Magento Commerce
- Provide more functionality for growth
- Facilitates evolution with large B2B companies
- Flexible customization
- A huge community of users and developers for support
- Professional themes and designs
- Multi-store and multi-warehouse functionality
- Intuitive and easy to navigate user interface
- Easy-to-handle data
- Several extensions with extended functionality
- Fast loading
Disadvantages of Magento Commerce
- Magento Commerce is expensive
- Hard to find genuine Magento developers
- The product support is quite expensive
- Limited B2B sales functionality
- Magento Enterprise: from $22,000/year
- Magento Commerce Cloud: from $2,000/year (hosting included)
E-commerce platforms for wholesalers : 3DCart
3DCart is one of the best B2B e-commerce platforms for creating a simple website. However, it's powerful at attracting and converting customers quickly and efficiently for B2B wholesale with different product types. 3DCart lets you implement essential business functionality without any technical headaches.
By accessing many modern, mobile-friendly templates with important design considerations, your website gets off to a good start right from the start. 3DCart designs a theme with fully optimized layouts for e-commerce.
In addition, the performance of your website is qualified by the standard. For example, the placement of important content, the ideal amount of white space and compelling calls to action. If you want to do more advanced customization, 3Dcart always opens a room for you. You can access all the files that make them work and modify your HTML and CSS code with ease while you can.
Outstanding features of 3DCart
- Price customization
- Order and subscriptions in one click
- Segmentation for customers
- Several payment gateways
- Mobile-friendly and responsive store
- Create configurable coupons and discounts
- Implement the pre-order process
- Manage and control website content
- Inventory management
Benefits of 3Dcart
- More features than other platforms
- Unlimited product lists
- Fast charging speed for any device
- Variety of payment options
- No transaction fees
- Numerous integrated marketing and referencing tools
- User-friendly interface
- Unlimited orders
Disadvantages of 3Dcart
- Difficult to download products with several variants
- The models seem too simple and basic
- More optimal models require fees
- Start-up store: $17.10/month
- Basic Store: $26.10/month
- Store Plus: $71.10/month
- Food Store: $116.10/month
- Pro Shop: $206.10/month
WooCommerce is another of the best e-commerce platforms for open source wholesalers. This customizable, user-friendly platform is built on WordPress, making it easy for users to optimize their website content. Above all, those already familiar with WordPress can quickly create a website without difficulty.
WooCommerce allows non-technical users to create a complete B2B website with many incredible plugins and themes. From the early stages of website development, you have many SEO tools that help your website rank higher and gain more traction.
Outstanding features of WooCommerce
- Wide range of extensions and complements
- Respectful of wholesale
- Optimized design for search engine optimization
- Ready to use with WordPress
- Secure payment, customizable shipping options
- Full integration with various intuitive official extensions
- High scalability and virtual integration with any service
- Rapidly growing community
Advantages of WooCommerce
- Free and open source
- Thousands of customizable themes
- Flexible configuration to sell any type of product
- Optimal cyber security
- Full control of content and store
- Wide range of plugins
- Broad community support
Disadvantages of WooCommerce
- Require users to have some knowledge of WordPress and WooCommerce
- Many paid extensions
- Difficult for non-technical people to build a robust site
- WooCommerce does not respond well to WordPress updates
- Difficult to implement multi-currency
- No multilingual functionality
Thanks to the development of technology and the Internet, e-commerce is now a new trend that can help you diversify your sources of income. This is true not only for B2C e-commerce, but also for B2B businesses. Anyone can set up a quality store themselves, as long as they find reliable wholesale e-commerce platforms.
Once you've created your store and found the best online wholesaler, you now need to find the winning products. Minea is a comprehensive tool used by thousands of e-tailers that you should also consider. It analyzes the ads of your best competitors to find you the best products to sell in different niches. You can also analyze your competitors' stores to determine a more effective approach to selling your products. The tool is affordable and accessible to all. You cantry it out for as little as $0 a month.
Frequently asked questions
Which B2B platform is best for wholesale?
Discover below some of the best e-commerce platforms for wholesale:
- Magento Commerce